Yes, it's sad that Sarah Palin's daughter is pregnant. However, I'm still thrilled with McCain's choice of a running mate. Everybody makes mistakes. Even the best parents have children who are free to make their own (sometimes stupid) decisions. God bless the Palin family for their willingness to air their personal difficulties in the name of public service. They could have steered clear of the national spotlight. Instead, they're accepting very public humiliation with the hope that they can do something good for our country.
I much prefer a family that takes ownership of its flaws to one that insists on maintaining appearances at all costs. Obama has made it very clear what he would encourage his daughter to do in the same situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Right on Anne! I agree completely! God Bless the Palins and I pray that our country will see the blessing that she and McCain could be!
Shan
Post a Comment