Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Somewhat surprisingly...

...the sun did come up this morning. Armageddon is not upon us - yet, anyway.

Our prayers for Barack Obama will intensify starting now.

There was definitely a time when I would have said, "Oh, I'm not very interested in politics." And, honestly, I wish I didn't have to be now. But love for this great nation and for my children demands political involvement, even activism.

Maybe this is election is a wake-up call. My babies, so far, have all been born under the helm of a pro-life, pro-family president. I've felt safe, protected. I was 8 months pregnant with my first baby on 9-11-01. Bringing innocent, new life into the world seemed frightening then. More so, now. The current of the political climate in this country is against the values I hope to instill in my children. I know that in their lives, they will have to learn to paddle upstream. It is my job now more than ever to teach them how to do just that. So, I'm determined to be more involved politically than ever before. We can't give up.

The lives of millions of unborn babies are in jeopardy. Obama's promise to sign the 'freedom of choice' act has yet to be carried out. So, we can certainly pray that he changes his mind. Many people seem to have voted for him because he 'seems like a nice guy.' And, yes, he does come across that way. I do have 'hope' in him. I have hope that he will modify his position on the most fundamental right the citizens of this country must be guaranteed: life.

So, even though I'm tempted to be overcome by a spirit of fear and sadness, I refuse. We will support our president-elect with prayers. We will make our voices heard. We will fight for the greatest nation on Earth.

God bless America.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Amen, sister! You go, girl!!!!