Today, while Lucy was at ballet class and the younger kids were at home with Daddy and Pada, I had a half an hour to make a quick trip to the mall. Each year I tend to splurge a little bit on Christmas outfits for the kids. I don't go too nuts, mind you, since I was raised by one of the most frugal and practical women on the planet (thanks, mom, sincerely). It goes against my nature to buy outfits that will be worn only a handful of times. But, the Christmas photo op beckons, and I am lured by the bait of matching dresses and sweater vests in Holiday colors.
I knew the Childr*n's Place was having a sale, so off I went. I wasn't disappointed in the selection.
The dilemma, however, was this: I don't want to get a new family picture taken until our new son gets here. So, I debated, should I get the outfits in traditional holiday colors, or the ones that are more passable later in the winter? What's a girl to do when faced with such a difficult decision?
Buy it all (and hang on to the receipt!).
So, in the closet, we have traditional red plaid options and bright green options. Even if this turns into an Easter photo shoot (let's hope not!), I have things that will work. And they're really cute things, to boot.
The lady working in the store asked me the ages of my children. Without hesitation, I said, "8, 7, 4, and 2!" That felt good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment