Tomorrow is the 10th Anniversary of our Wedding Day. What I wanted to post was a photographic trip down memory lane, a picture for each year of our marriage. But, since we were using old fashioned photo albums for the first few years, and since those albums are all packed up in boxes at the moment, I couldn't access what I wanted to scan. Oh well. Those old pictures are proof positive that we were 'nerds in love' anyway. We still are.
So, I've posted the above picture which is significant because it's one of the rare shots of Eustace and I together, and also because it's one of the last pictures we will have of the inside of our first house. We lived in 3 different apartments in 2 different cities for the first 5 years of our marriage. We then bought our first house, which we just officially sold last week. It was a bittersweet day - saying goodbye to a house and neighborhood we loved, but looking forward to end of the selling process and a new house which will be much better suited to our family's needs.
So, 10 years and 4 kids later, we're back to renting. This is a very nice house, and we are very comfortable here. I've learned that it doesn't really matter where we live as long as we're together.
Happy Anniversary, Eustace!!! Marrying you was the smartest thing I've ever done in my whole life. Hopefully in 6 months or so we will see the last of moving boxes and packaging tape until we're ready to buy into a retirement community (or hit the road in our RV). God bless you for putting up with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment