What often happens after a period of intense busy-ness? Somebody gets sick. It seems we can hold it together through whatever we have going on, but as soon as we're able to crash, somebody does. This time, it seems to be me. I hope I"m the only one. One other child has a bit of a cough, but seems to be fine, generally speaking. It's just a cold, but it's enough to keep me on the couch drinking tea as much as possible today.
It's a good day for it, though. Fresh snow and high winds outside make huddling near the fireplace the most appealing activity, anyway.
Over the weekend, we had Lucy's final Nutcracker performance. Her little sister was able to attend, much to her delight. I was hesitant about her ability to behave appropriately through the entire show, but she did great!! My sister and I had taken her children and my boys to a matinee performance the previous weekend.
We also had Ignace's First Confession, a 4H Christmas play/party, dinner out for Eustace's birthday, and the usual Sunday morning routine of CCD and Mass. This was also the end of about 2.5 weeks of non-stop Nutcracker rehearsals and performances. It is great fun and good experience, but at the end, we're all ready for a break. Once again, I must credit my parents for helping us get to all scheduled events.
Now, to re-focus on Advent...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment