Yesterday was a long day. I spent 4 hours in the van and several more helping my husband's parents make some arrangements for their house. We're looking forward to my Father-in-law's homecoming from the hospital, but many changes need to be made to their dwelling place. It felt great to help out.
It made me realize how blessed I am, though, to spend most every day with my children. I only saw them yesterday for brief periods in the morning and right before bed. I can't imagine doing that on a regular basis.
Today, we're having an early morning snuggle on the couch. We're easing into the day, and I'm thinking a field trip may be in order. Our local Botanical Gardens is a great place to soak in some warmth and color this time of year.
Once again, I'm realizing how blessed I am to have flexibility in my life, parents who help me with child care on short notice, and a husband who works like a dog so I can be present with our kids. And, on days when we're all a bit worn out, we are fortunate to have relaxation as an option.
Thank you God for my husband, family, and homeschooling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment