Saturday, September 4, 2010

Random Saturday Thoughts.

I love Danielle Bean. (click that sentence to read her latest article.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My youngest child is a two-finger sucker (as opposed to a 'thumb-sucker'). I don't think she realizes this, though, because when I was reminding her to be quiet in church the other day, she emphatically and loudly stated, "my two little thumbs will keep me quiet, Mommy!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent 6+ hours today switching out the kids clothes - shorts are (mostly) put away and sweaters and pants are in the closets. I love organized drawers, even if they only last for 15 minutes. I also love digging through the things I bought on clearance in the spring and forgot about. It's like a treasure hunt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eustace is in the middle of a long stretch of work (4 weekends in a row. ugh.). Fortunately, the kids are used to it. They have no idea whether he'll be working days, nights, or not at all. So, every day starts with the same questions: is Dad home? Is Dad sleeping? Is Dad off? Is Dad working days or nights? What are we doing today that's exciting? (Apparently, schoolwork doesn't count and neither do piano lessons.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
House update: For the first couple of months, progress on the house seemed big and rapid every day - the basement was poured, then the framing worked its way up to the roof, the windows and roof shingles were installed.... Then all the work turned to the inside for several weeks, so drive-by's were no longer very much fun (for the kids, that is). There actually has been a great deal of work done, but it's harder to see - the electrical wiring, the plumbing, finishing touches on interior framing. Our eldest child insists it is not a house unless it has a door. Which it doesn't. Yet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since Dad isn't home, I"m not telling the kids that Monday is a holiday. We're doing school. Shhhh.

No comments: