Sunday, June 15, 2008
First game
My brother actually played in the same league with the
same t-shirt 25 or so years ago (sorry to date
you, Phil. Fortunately, he hardly ever reads this blog).
I thought she might be intimidated because there aren't
nearly as many girls as boys, and some of them are pretty
good. But, the coaches are great, it's all about fun, and she's
loving it.
Those of you who know our number one girl know that
she has a tendency toward distractibility. So, when she
eagerly took the field at the pitchers mound, we were a little
nervous (the coaches do the pitching). Predictably, she was
looking all around at everything but the batter. Fortunately,
no line drives came her way. She is very proud of the fact that
she stopped a couple of grounders and threw the ball to first base
for an out.
All the games are scheduled for early afternoon, so from my angle, I'm
hoping for a cool and overcast summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
She looks so cute! I can't beleive she is wearing Phil's shirt!
My husband is OLD!
Post a Comment