I do believe Nike was on to something...
During pregnancy and new-baby life, many areas of house were neglected (I should say, I neglected many areas of our house). I've been looking around and feeling completely overwhelmed by the number of projects staring back at me.
Knowing I would inevitably be interrupted mid-project by someone or another needing my attention, my strategy had been to simply wait until the 'perfect' moment when someone (like my mom or husband) would be around to help with the kids. As a result, the job list kept growing longer and longer.
A few days ago, I had a revelation.
See that closet shelf that's about to collapse under pressure? Just organize it.
The scrapbooking project that's been hanging out on the bookshelf? Just tackle it.
The overflowing junk drawer? Just pitch some stuff.
The results don't have to be perfect. I may in fact be interrupted. But if I just keep plugging away little by little, things will get better.
I'm probably never going to have a whole day to clean out every closet in the house. The longer I wait for that dream opportunity, the more shoes, papers, toys, mittens, and doggie treats get jammed in on top of each other.
My new goal for the summer is to just do SOMETHING extra to organize things every day. Even if it's just throwing away the dried-up markers, it will help.
Just do it, Anne. One little, seemingly inconsequential thing at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment