We have a brand new Goddaughter! Born yesterday, she was just a bit early (4 weeks), but is doing fine! I don't have any of the details we female-types crave (weight, length, nursing stats, etc.), but her daddy (Our dear friend Steve) called right after her C-section delivery to let us know of her arrival!!
Shannon, her mom, and I have been best friends since college. And, since they were married, she and her husband said if they ever had a girl, they would name her Anne. So, good St. Anne and I have been waiting eagerly for this day for 8 1/2 years. Shannon and Steve had one, two, three boys (great kids, by the way, and 2 are our Godsons) - the third born on MY birthday 3 years ago.
Just when we were sure the Y chromosome would forever dominate their family, along came this sweet little surprise yesterday. And, on Eustace's birthday this time. Pretty amazing.
So, I am praying today for this new little bundle of sweetness, her mommy, daddy and brothers. May their home be filled with little-girl tenderness and lots of pink this Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Anne,
Catching up on your blog and what a lovely post about Anne!! Where are my tissues?
Shan
Post a Comment