I've been wanting to post a new picture of Felicity, but I can't seem to get her to sit still long enough to capture her current phase. So, let me just describe it to you. She's wild.
Yesterday, she figured out how to climb onto the kitchen table. Lucy never did that. Victor did it once. She has already accomplished this feat 4 times. In one day.
At church yesterday, a woman whose granddaughter is about Felicity's same age (and about double her size and weight) made the remark that our little spitfire "needs to grow."
I don't think so. She is on the shorter side, and she's thin. But I think I can explain why. She never stops moving. Ever. Except when she sleeps.
Last evening as I was nursing her to sleep, It occurred to me that even as sleep was beginning to overtake her, she was still wiggling, squirming, reaching, even with her eyes closed, until finally she succumbed.
So, it's no wonder that her percentile for weight is in the single digits (if not negative digits...). She is growing, eating like a champ, and has more energy than I realized was humanly possible. This is even after witnessing the development of her wide-awake-at-all-hours big sister.
Some of her other recent adventures include: sneaking into the laundry room to eat dog food, climbing under the pew at church and escaping out the aisle behind us, and climbing up the playset at Grandma and Pada's house all by herself (with close supervision, of course).
She has also recently discovered the joy and freedom of the great outdoors. She has ingested both mud and mulch without adverse reaction (we think), learned to say the word "outside" and begun to demand rides in our bike's pull-behind kid cart.
She is giddy at the signs of spring. And we are loving her enthusiasm for life. I'll just be moving all the breakables a little bit higher on the shelves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment