A 6-year-old dog should be over the chewing phase. I thought we had things under control with the use of a crate in the garage at night. We began this arrangement after she ate some wooden door trim after hours. I thought she was doing just fine by herself in the house during the day, aside from breaking a couple pesky little rules such as staying off the couch and not going upstairs. These are minor transgressions in the grand scheme of things. And, really, she's not here by herself very often. It's not like some poor dogs who stay cooped up by themselves all day long, every day(and behave just fine, in spite of the injustice).
Just a side note, but aren't dogs, um, animals? Pardon me for speaking so harshly. Yes, they're pets who deserve to be cared for, but instinctively, shouldn't they be able to stay outside for more than 10 minutes by themselves without having a fit at the back door?
OK, we adopted a rescue dog. I should have expected some psychological issues. But I was either clueless at the time or in denial.
So, the problem today is that she chewed up my good rug in the living room. I am rather angry with her.
I'm just trying to decide if God is trying to teach me patience, or if he's trying to clue me in that we need to get rid of her before our special needs child arrives.
I'm sure there's a dog lover out there who could give her a great home. Maybe he or she would even let us come visit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe if you leave pixie by the tree instead of cookies and milk, santa will take her.....
that's an idea, sara! i'm sure santa loves high strung dogs. she could probably even pull a sleigh...
Post a Comment