Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

The glorious weather today is perfect for Easter. It's the kind of day your mind draws up when contemplating egg hunts and daffodils. Even though, as a family, we are separated today for the first (and hopefully only) time on a major holiday, the sunshine and warm breezes are consoling our lonely hearts. Oh, and a healthy dose of sugar lifts everyone's spirits as well.

We are also able to connect through the beautiful liturgy of the Catholic Church. Even though we attended Easter Vigil Masses on opposite sides of the world, the basic form of the service is the same. I was feeling very connected to my husband as Lucy and I participated in the Easter Vigil at the church in my hometown last night. (Grandpa was babysitting the little guys, bless his heart. It was too late for them, and almost too late for Lucy...)

Eustace, Mom, and our little guy are all ready to come home, and we are ready, too. Only 4 more days. I can't express how eager I am to see them all and to meet my son. I've spoken to him on the phone several times, but I want to see him face to face and begin the process of bonding.

As happy as this child is to have a family, he is very connected to the people, language, and customs of his country. He is asking questions about how he will retain his language and culture from a distance. We will do our very best to help him with that, we are reassuring him. He is very proud of his nationality.

In Armenia, tomorrow is a national holiday. So, the little stinker tried to tell his Daddy that on such occasions he doesn't need to do his physical therapy exercises or any schoolwork (they've been doing a little letter practice and math each day). He handles it well when Eustace sets him straight, so that's good. With all the businesses closed, they won't have much else to do anyway!

Everything seems to be lining up so that their departure for home will be right on schedule. There is one last party at the orphanage (there have been several already), packing up, and their flight leaves on Thursday. We will pick them up at the airport and then have about a 3 hour drive home. The very next day, I will take him to the burn center here to have his foot checked out. Nothing like hitting the ground running!

So, that's what's happening here. I want to thank everyone for the support I have received through prayer, phone calls, and emails. I really appreciate everyone's kindness.

Have a blessed Easter season!!

No comments: