Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow we travel to my brother's house. Hanging out there is always a good time. My sister-in-law is expecting baby #2 in a couple months, possibly sooner if this baby's timing is like their first (although we're all praying for full term), and I can hardly believe they are brave enough to host all of us. God bless them.

My kids are so excited they can hardly stand it. Our goal is 9:00AM Mass, then 4 hours or so in the van. I"m waiting for the rain to stop, so I can load up...

In the meantime, I am pondering the Thanksgiving Holiday. We've been reading lots of stories the past few weeks about the Pilgrims, the Mayflower voyage, and their first year in the New World. I've been considering the cold, the hunger, the illness, and, I"m sure, the fear and stress they must have experienced.

Their story makes moving 2 miles down the road, even twice in a year, seem like a piece of cake.

So, I'm thankful that...
...we are all pretty healthy, all things considered.

...moving companies are willing to work in mid-January (assuming that's when the new house will be finished).

...we have a very nice rental house with terrific neighbors.

...my husband has a good job and is willing to work like a dog for us.

...in spite of the crazy pace of the past year or so, my kids have made academic progress.

...the adoption process is complete.

...the house is almost done.

...I have kind friends and family who have generously helped with decisions on color, paint, flooring, etc.

...we have so many blessings, I don't even have time to type them all into this post.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Sara Thompson said...

wait, you're coming to our house for Thanksgiving? I thought you were having it???