Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Making the Most of the Situation

Mr. Almost-6-y-o, with Sp*der-man mask and white blanket in tow:

"Mom, can you please velcro this mask on and tie this blanket like a cape? I have a very important wedding to attend. I'm going to say this: how dare you hold this wedding over my final resting place. See, I"m a ghost."

It's too bad he has so little imagination.

This all started with a joke about his being the butler (because our new house has a little butler's pantry), which turned into his being a scary butler, which now has morphed into a wedding with a ghost who is going to crown the king and queen.

I just heard him say: "Being a sneaky person is very, very fun." Now, to become even more white, he is donning football pants, inside-out.

This is what happens when most everything in the house is packed, and there's very little left with which to play.

No comments: