Wednesday, August 22, 2007

family communications

So, apparently my mom and sister have been complaining that they can't reach me by phone, only email... And, my husband is remarking that there isn't anything new on my blog. Therefore, i guess my goal of using this forum for family communication has been met!! There is a reason I was dodging your calls, Mom and Emily - haha.

Anyway, my blog-worthy moment for the week so far occurred last evening when we dropped by the teacher-supply store. I should have paid more attention to the "systems are down" sign on the door as we entered. I guess my drive to prepare for the beginning of our school year got the best of me. We're planning to kick-off first grade for Lucy and pre-pre-school for Victor (I'm not sure what that means - you'll have to ask me in a few weeks) on Monday. So, I felt the need to get my shopping done while my ever-loving and supportive (not to mention post-call) husband was along for the ride. 2 hours later, as we emerged, I found my appreciation for computers and modern technology heightened and the importance of teaching my kids to add and subtract manually confirmed. Did the lady in front of me in line really need 52 inflatable globes?

I apologize for negligence in returning phone calls and answering my cell phone. I am thankful for email where a busy mom can communicate at her convenience, may be interrupted for minutes or hours and return to complete a thought mid-sentence, and where no one minds having a message sent after bedtime.

Dear family friends and family members, feel free to call anytime, but be aware that the ringer is off during school times, toddler meltdowns, and naps. Leave a message, and we'll get back with you as soon as possible. One way or another.

God bless you all!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure, some folks needs LOTS of certain things: like when, one Christmas season, I had an overflowing cart of photo albums that were on sale! To each his own, as an ancient adage has it. THE HOARDER

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
We enjoyed reading your entire "blob" this morning. Hope all is going well with school today.