Saturday, August 18, 2007
Thanks, Grandma and Pada!
Every few years, Eustace and I have a brief window of opportunity when no one is nursing, and we can sneak away for an overnight excursion all by ourselves. Our last opportunity was Eustace's interview weekend with his practice - I was pregnant then, too! So, many thanks to my generous parents, we slipped away to scenic Warsaw, IN, on Thursday night. The Village at Winona Lake is a little artists' haven - several galleries and shops featuring local and national artists. There are also a few really nice restaurants, a pretty lake, a theatre... We just enjoyed the peace and quiet and a break from the tooth-brushing, story-reading, "no more talking" routine of every night... It sure is nice to focus on each other every once in a while! I am truly grateful for God's most generous gift to me; that is, my loving and tolerant husband! He handles with patience and grace my tendencies toward crunchy, sometimes counter-cultural living... In fact, I think he has grown to agree with me on many issues - LOL! Anyway, soon we'll be back to sleepless nights as we welcome a new little one into our family. So, here's to capitalizing on the generosity of grandparents and having a day away! Oh yes, and we cleaned out the garage, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment