Is there anything happier than a baptism? I just love everything about them, especially when the child is my own: the infinite generosity and mercy of God, the gift of His Church, the infusion of grace into this tiny little person (or big person, as the case may be) whom God has loved and planned for from all eternity... It's just overwhelmingly beautiful.
Here are some highlights from Felicity's big day...
Our immediate families families were almost entirely present, including all Felicity's cousins from both sides of the family. Everyone was ON TIME for the baptism, even though many had to travel for more than 2 hours and/or get multiple small children up and ready early in the morning - kudos!!
The baptismal gown is made from my Mother-in-law's wedding gown. My husband and all his brothers wore it, followed by all the grandchildren, in turn. It is ivory lace with blue trim.
Felicity's godparents were out-of-state for a sibling's wedding. So, although we were saddened by their absence, the godparents by proxy were my mom and my father-in-law. All the promises of the godparents apply as much to the grandparents (at least in this case)- how fitting.
A celebratory Italian lunch was held for 28 ( including 14 kids age 11 and under), and the marinara sauce stains were minimal (I think).
The only blemish on the day was our forgetting the camera!! So, I'm counting on someone in the family to send me pictures....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved reading about Felicity's Baptism! Thanks for sharing and we can't wait to see her (and you all) soon!!!!!11
Aunt Shannon
Dear Anne: I DO have some photos that Tamara took on my digital camera, but am too unknowing how to transfer them and transmit them. Will do it sometime, all hurdles can be overcome! Agree the Baptism was clock-wise efficient, and Felicity was most amiable! God bless, the Stand-In
Post a Comment