Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Musings part 2

Well, we've survived another week of Eustace working nights. It is not my favorite scenario; however, the payoff is that he will be home every night for the next three weeks!

So, we had Thanksgiving dinner with our sweet and generous next door neighbors on Thursday. Then, Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house on Friday. Finally, we had a little bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law on Saturday with her mom, my mom and sister. She and my brother are so excited about getting married, which is making us all very happy. It is also a fun reminder of the time right before WE got married. Seems like a long time ago, seems like just yesterday...

At church today, Victor crawled into my lap and snuggled up. What a sweet moment. It seems he's been moving into 'big boy' mode recently. He hasn't been a big fan of kisses, hugs, and the like, except right before bed. He tells me he doesn't like kisses anymore. I did not expect this shift at age almost-3. So, I was loving it today when he wanted to sit on my lap and suck his thumb... It reminded me of the last time he REALLY nursed to sleep. I was early in my pregnancy with Felicity, and nursing was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. Most of the time, he was satisfied with 3 seconds on each side (which was pretty funny, actually. We would count 1-2-3 on each side, and he would sit up and say,'I all done!'). But, one afternoon, we just sat in the rocker and he nursed and nursed, all warm and cozy, until he fell fast asleep. Then I rocked and rocked and just held him while he slept. Tears rolled down my face, because somehow I knew it would be the last time. Sure enough, 2 weeks later he weaned himself. And now, he's starting to prefer handshakes. So, anytime I can grab a snuggle, a hug or a kiss, I'm going to make sure to take it.

This Advent, we're going to do some of the suggestions from Elizabeth Foss' Real Learning Advent unit based on Tomie de Paola books. I won a sweet e-bay auction: 22 Tomie de Paola books for 31.50. Anyway, our goal is to spend as much time as possible snuggled up on the couch reading books. We might get a little baking done, or we might do a craft or two, but mostly, we're just going to enjoy being together with our new little bundle and enjoy the time together, preparing for our Savior's birth. If anybody catches me getting stressed about doing more Christmas stuff, please remind me I said that!

Happy Feast of Christ the King!!!

1 comment:

Em said...

Oooohhhh... I'm jealous of your e-bay steal. Wow. That's awesome!