Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lap Book Adventure

Over the past few years, I've heard the term "lap book" mentioned
many times, but I just couldn't figure out what everyone was talking
about. I had even seen pictures, but still wasn't sure what the purpose
should be. Then I came across this book in a catalog, and I took the
plunge. What a delight! These moms got together and wrote this lovely
little book full of all sorts of book-making ideas. We decided to try our
hand at a lap book full of math facts. See below for the results of our
first attempt.

I helped with the folds, and Lucy filled them in with addition facts. She even
created a couple of little games. Of course, the cover design was all hers.
The creativity gene seems to have escaped me, but with a little prompting and help
from mothers more clever than I, we can enjoy making things together.
What a fun way to reinforce ideas! Lucy has always enjoyed making her own books,
but in The Ultimate Lapbook Handbook we found a great source of new ideas.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Anne: Am back on track to enjoy the pics and original aphorisms from my vocal g'kids. For your scrap book, here are 2 poems Lucy composed while you were meditating somewhere:
Summer Night:
Owls hooo and bears sleep
Antelope count leaping sheep
In their sleep.
Fish rest in ocean deep
People groan as frogs leap
And croak croak croak in the deep.
Winter Day:
I wake up
I wake up
From my sleep
And I go outside
And sneeze and sneeze
Until mother calls me in
For mmm mmm
Hot chocolate by my side.

Enjoy! Proud g'papa