Saturday was a happy day. The sun was shining, the air was crisp, and we were all home, including Daddy (at least until he left for work in the evening). We swept the grime off the garage floor, and cleared dead plants out of the front flowerbeds. The kids 'planted' some dried-out flowers and watered everything (no, we didn't really need water, but they were occupied and happy).
It was SO GREAT to be outside. I think I'll say it again. It was SO GREAT to be outside.
As I was pulling out dead leaves and stems, my little helper commented, "Mommy we gotta get the old stuff out so the new stuff can grow." I looked at his little boogery face and thought, how perceptive you are, my little guy. What a fitting meditation for Divine Mercy weekend. Through God's grace and mercy, the garbage that accumulates in our souls can be cleaned out, allowing sparkly fresh new life to take hold.
Is it really that simple? Yeah, I think it is.
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment