Do you ever spend time wondering what heaven will be like? This morning at breakfast, out of the clear blue sky, Victor said, "In heaven, I will live in a garbage truck, and there will be lots of helicopters in there."
Well, OK, may-be. I heard a friend of mine say recently that her idea of heaven would be running, biking, swimming all day without getting tired. That would be euphoria, wouldn't it?
Those comments got me thinking about my own view of what heaven might be like. Beyond peace, joy, lack of pain and stress, I don't think I've really contemplated it that much.
But, with all the earthly pressures and distractions, it's an important thing to think about, isn't it? What are we really here for anyway?
One of my favorite quotes from St. Therese of Lisieux is this: "Let us go forward with our eyes fixed upon heaven, the one true goal of our labours."
Truly, everything we do and say should have that end in mind. Hmmm... I have some work to do on myself, I do believe. But that's what it's all about, right? That's why those of us on earth are called 'the church militant.' It's a fight, a struggle with our fallen human nature, to rise above ourselves and move toward holiness.
Heaven help us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment