Soulemama is one of my favorite blogs. Its author, Amanda Blake Soule, has lovely ideas for living creatively and fostering family togetherness. I have even purchased her book, The Creative Family, and I love it as well.
However, I'm taking her off my list of favorites on my sidebar. Here's why:
Yesterday, she had a nice post about 10 things she's loving right now. You can see for yourself if you'd like. One of the items, unfortunately, was a picture of herself sporting an 'Obama Mama' tee-shirt. That's all good and well, but a few of us readers offered a differing point of view. I read all the comments. They were friendly, charitable, light-hearted. For example, one person said something like 'I love your blog, but don't like your tee-shirt.' Fairly harmless, right?
Well, I checked back later to see if she responded to any comments.
She did not. She did, however, delete all comments that even hinted at anti-Obama sentiment. Well, I pondered, perhaps she didn't want her blog to get political. Fair enough.
So, I looked again. And there they were, the 'Go Obama' comments. Not a one removed.
Well, it's her blog. She can do as she likes. As my husband reminds me, this tends to be a typical reaction among liberals. (They're so tolerant, you know, of everything except conservative ideas.)
But I won't be supporting her any longer. Too bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment