I thought I had finally secured a victory in the battle of wills. The struggle of the month: weaning Victor from his gigantic (queen-sized), disgusting (covered in dog hair, snot, milk, mulch, and who knows what else), tattered, green blankie. It has a certain charm, especially when accompanied by one seriously cute 3-year-old boy, sucking his thumb. (Perhaps Linus would have been an appropriate name for this one.) However, enough is enough. It's too big for the van, dragging into stores, the YMCA, etc. It's fine for bedtime. That's about it.
We have a smaller version. It's blue and has a silky edge and an embroidered train. It's nice looking. It doesn't smell (yet). We've been encouraging this as an alternative. I thought we were making headway.
Today, when we left for mass, we had not one, but two blankies in tow.
I give up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment