Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Being 4, Part II: The Ash Wednesday Mass Edition

Sound Bytes from noon Mass this Ash Wednesday (all in full voice, of course):

Upon realizing that he was about to be ushered forward for ashes,
"No, no, no, I'm not gonna do that. I'm just gonna stay right where I am!"

As he was being carried, reluctantly, to the front of church,
"I don't like this part!"
"Where do they get these ashes from?!"
"I only like it if it's marker!"

(Ultimately, he did not receive any ashes... Oh well.)

After returning to our pew and noticing that Dad was in the back of church with baby sister,
"Well, Dad sure did miss out on this part!" (Not sure if he meant that as a positive or negative...)

Lenten blessings!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing! It makes me feel a little better to know that my soon to be 4 year old isn’t alone in his strong will. :)