We just completed one of the busiest weekends of our married lives. This afternoon we were traveling home in the van, and I spent the whole trip trying to figure out which day of the week it was. The events of the past 3 days included our local Catholic homeschooling groups' curriculum share (I look forward to this every year), Victor's 4th Birthday party (I can't believe he's 4 already), and a trip to Ohio for our new Goddaughter's baptism (I love baptisms, especially when I have the honor of being the Godmother).
Upon returning this evening, I called my brother. "How was your week?" I asked. His reply: "You're not allowed to ask me that. It's only Monday." Seriously?? Surely an entire week has passed.
In the mayhem, I did manage to mentally record a few highlights:
-Attended Mass at the beautiful church in which we were married almost 9 years ago. Victor's behavior was mostly good, and we let him bring along one of his new transformers. During one quiet part, he was still making some shooting noises in a whisper. When I asked him to stop, he said,"It's not me, Mom, it's this guy."
-Speaking of transformers, this evening, Victor was 'playing' the piano and singing along to the Transformers theme song. You know, "transformers, more than meets the eye..."
-Held my new Goddaughter for the first time. She is sweet, pink, has perfectly round cheeks and big blue eyes. Brand new babies are heavenly, and this little one is particularly nice...
-Said goodbye to our 3-year-old boy and hello to the new 4-year-old. Birthdays are bittersweet, i think. He indulged my need for nostalgia by listening and laughing as I reminisced the first few hours of his life.
-Said a prayer of thanksgiving for dear friends, the gift of children, our devoted parents and siblings who go to great lengths for us, and safe travel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment