Monday, July 6, 2009

My First Daybook

My main goals for the summer are simplifying our life and getting our priorities in order. I'm finding this to be no small task, but less overwhelming if I tackle one small area at a time. One of my favorite bloggers often participates in this exercise. It's a daybook meant to help focus on the simple, important things in life. I always enjoy reading hers, and thought I would give it a try myself. Here goes...

FOR TODAY (July 6, 2009)...

Outside my window...
The morning sun is casting shadows to the west, and our new Japanese Maple tree is looking healthy.

I am thinking... about activities of today - birthday party, piano lesson, cleaning to do, trip to the park - and where I should begin.

I am thankful for... my family, immediate and extended, and good friends.

From the learning rooms... a little science reading (we're launching into one of my kids' favorite topics, the human body) and some just-for-fun read alouds

From the kitchen... hmmm, I think a salad made of lettuce from my mom's garden

I am wearing... right now, still in my jammies (rough night with the baby - I think she had a tummy ache)

I am creating... a mental plan for a closet re-organization. I'm also working on skirts for the girls. I need a little help from my mom...

I am going... to the store for a birthday present, to pick up veggies from our CSA, and to drop off a meal for friends whose baby just had surgery.

I am reading... too many books at once.

I am hoping... for news from our adoption agency.

I am hearing... the kids gearing up for the day.

Around the house... piles of sandals by the back door, empty plastic containers for storing clothes - my next project.

One of my favorite things... summer afternoons at the pool.

A few plans for the rest of the week: rearranging some furniture, more decluttering, attending parent-child soccer with Victor (he invited me this time - who can resist?)

Here is picture thought I am sharing... well, shucks, I"m a little technologically-challenged this morning. I'll have to try next time.

You can find lots more inspiring daybooks at Peggy's blog. Check it out here. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: