Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy News

Well, so much for getting anything done today! After constantly checking email for the past 8 hours, we finally received the sweetest message, the one we had been hoping for! There were 4 video clips of the birthday party, including the moment when this precious child received the news about us.

The Sisters gave him our package and told him it was from "Mamma and Papa." Immediately, he began looking around the room thinking we were there. "Where's Mamma?" he asked. Then, very quietly and intently, in the middle of the chaos, he looked carefully at each picture in the album we sent. Of course, he was excited about the kids, and REALLY happy about our dog (great, I guess we'll be keeping her).

In other clips taken later, he sent us a 'big hello' and 'hugs and kisses to my brother and sisters.' So sweet.

I'm sure this is overwhelming to him. I'm sure he'll have moments of uncertainty. But his initial response was very positive. Bless his little, trusting heart.

We also got glimpses into the rest of the party. He was dressed in shorts and a shirt and tie, there were lots of people, a cake with a sparkler (!), and a seriously yummy-looking barbecue (looked like meat and veggies on skewers - I'm hungry just thinking about it).

It was readily apparent that he had a great day. I hope years from now when he looks back, he sees it as a highlight of his young life. Please pray for us and for the government officials handling our case.

3 comments:

Grace said...

What beautiful news, Anne! What a blessing your family will be to him. Now you know why you just had to keep that dog! We'll keep praying for all of you.

Ruth said...

AWESOME! You are in my prayers as you wait for him to come home! Love, Ruth

Ruth said...

AWESOME!