Except for the fact that my husband has no choice but to travel back and forth to work in this weather, there are benefits to being snowbound. For example, since everything's cancelled anyway, I have ample opportunity to get organized, or at least more unpacked than I might have been otherwise.
Also, the kids, being forced indoors, are really exploring their new home.
Since one of our children uses a wheelchair, we thought it important to install an intercom on each floor. The idea was that it could be used when he needs assistance. In addition, I am not a big fan of hearing people yell for each other from one level to another (although I definitely use that means of communication myself). I thought this intercom technology would be a great help toward peaceful family existence. And maybe it will be.
What I did not consider was that use of said intercom could be mastered by the resident 3-year-old. In fact, unless one of her siblings gave her some specific instruction, I think she just learned by observation. At any rate, I have been initiated to the sound of "Mommy, I need you here with me!!" ringing loud and clear over the little speaker in the hallway.
She does not wait for a response, but simply repeats her request (or demand) incessantly until I appear. Oh my goodness, this could get interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha! too cute!
Post a Comment