Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Kitty

Almost as soon as Eustace and I returned from our anniversary get-away (an overnighter!!! Thanks Grandma and Pada!!), we loaded back up and headed to one of our favorite local farms for an open house!! This is the place we've been buying most of our eggs and meat for several years.

I was expecting a really cool tour of their free-range livestock in action, which we got. I knew the kids would love the pony rides and mazes, which they did. I thought the hamburgers would be great, if they had any left, and they were.

I was not, however, planning on bringing home a new pet.

We had been discussing the possibility of getting an outdoor cat to help keep the mouse population under control, so it wasn't completely out of the blue, but when we arrived at the farm today, picking up a kitten was the furthest thing from my mind.

However, there were two sweet, black kitties left near the sign that said, "cats and kittens, free."
So, we just took a peek. Then we took the horse-drawn carriage ride around the farm. On the way, I texted Eustace, and he was in favor. I told the kids we would hold the kitten, the last one left by this time, to make sure she was friendly before we decided.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the second I picked her up she snuggled right up and started purring. She let the kids hold her, not even in the gentlest of ways, and did not squirm. We were sold.

Once again, I have failed at taking photographs, but I will get some posted asap.

No comments: