Thursday, June 4, 2009

Announcing...

...something big.

(Although, since many of the people who read this blog have known about this for some time, it's not much of an announcement.)

I've been dying to make an official proclamation on my blog, though, so here it is:

We are in the process of adopting a little boy. And, all our paperwork (dossier) is finally in his home country.

I'm not allowed to share details on my blog for safety and privacy reasons. But, because gathering the documentation required for an international adoption has consumed much of my mental and physical energy for the past 9 months, I wanted to share this huge milestone.

It is a relief that we've jumped through all the hoops from our end, and now the waiting game begins.

He (our son-to-be) doesn't yet know about us. We just mailed letters and pictures to him, introducing ourselves as his family.

We're praying his response will be positive. If you'd like to join us in this prayer, we'd be most appreciative.

We're kicking off the summer with a 2-night sleep over with cousin James. Better go check on the mayhem upstairs.

Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

Grace said...

That's good news, Anne! We're praying for your family, that all goes smoothly and this little boy will soon be
home with you.

Sara Thompson said...

yay! Two new boys in the family in one year!!! We'll be praying for you!!!

Tara said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I'm so excited that he's finding out soon. PLEASE keep me posted about his response. (I just know he'll be excited):)

Shannon said...

How cool that he soon will learn about his mommy and daddy! Praise God!