Sunday, June 28, 2009

back to reality

After a week off, Eustace returns to work tomorrow. We made good use of his vacation time, traveling to Mackinac Island with friends. Some other good friends actually have a home there, which is where we stayed. It was beautiful, relaxing, and way too much fun. You can't beat fresh air, gorgeous scenery, great conversation, built-in babysitters (our friends have a very sweet 12-year-old, who brought along her 14-year-old friend), and a few bottles of wine. Seriously, by the end, I was feeling pretty spoiled.

We also had a chance to visit my sister and her kids and take in a minor league baseball game with my parents at our city's new stadium this weekend.

Tomorrow, we're back to normal activities, work, etc. It's always nice to have Daddy around, and we'll all have to suffer through a bit of withdrawal.

Reality is, somebody's got to bring home the bacon.

Speaking of reality, or lack thereof, at the pool this afternoon, I heard my 7-year-old suggest to her friend that they have an underwater tea party. I'm thinking all this fun is altering our family's brain function.

So, it's good to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember having "underwater tea parties" with my cousins when we were kids. Must be a common childhood play theme. Too funny!