Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's only 7:40 AM

The kids and I are generally not known for our early-rising abilities. Most days everyone is a little crabby and slow to emerge, and by the time we're downstairs and moving, daddy has been long gone for a couple of hours.

With the summer sunlight and a string of morning activities, we've been forced to change our habits a bit. The only trouble is, the person most consistent with rising early is number three.

My body may be out of bed at 6:30 (only because my toddler sleeping buddy decided to be awake), but my brain is still snuggled under the covers.

So, this morning, as I fumble around for the coffee, Miss Felicity has already done the following:

-dumped the entire contents of the junk drawer.

-emptied my diaper bag / purse and eaten something unrecognizable from the front pocket.

-knocked a big pile of books off the table in our prayer corner.

-pulled some fur out of poor pixie.

I think it's time to go back to bed.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Too funny!! And a little scary how well I can relate...

Jenn said...

I an there with you, sister!