Sunday, August 2, 2009

Even More Happy News ( and a Little Sad News)

It seems our little guy wrote us a letter in response!! Our agency has an interpreter in his country who will be traveling to the US for a visit. She is going to pick it up tomorrow (actually, it's already Monday there) and bring it with her.

I just can't wait to read what he has to say!

On a slight bit of a bummer note, someone made an offer on a house we thought could be the answer to our prayers. We were house-hunting sort of nonchalantly when we stumbled across this place that had literally everything on our list of needs. (With this adoption, we suddenly require wheelchair accessibility.)

Oh well, the door has been shut, which answers our question of whether it could be the right place. So, we keep looking and praying.

Quite a weekend! Oh, and we also said goodbye to our dear parish priest, Father Fernandes, who's been transferred to another parish. His final mass was absolutely packed, and we had a huge party for him afterward. He has brought so much joy and solidarity to our little church, and I'm sure he'll be much appreciated wherever he goes. We're sure going to miss him, though.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh, Anne, I can hardly wait for you to get your hands on him (and your arms around him and your family's love really encircling him) so you can acclimate him and I can meet him!