Thursday, May 26, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

In typical fashion, I'm procrastinating a bit in order to participate in my new favorite exercise...


round button chicken


We have guests arriving today, if the weather cooperates, so I look forward to a morning of baking, cleaning, and answering a million times the question, "how many more minutes 'til they get here?"

{real}




In spite of a lack of grass and patio, the kids are very willing to make do with the spread of gravel left in the wake of construction. Vic is happy about his digging project, but is unsure about his sister's love of snuggling...


{funny}

Our nephew played the role of the Magic Carpet in his school's production of Al*ddin. After the show, a certain 3-yo wanted a picture with the leading man (the expression on her face = priceless), her cousin, and brother.


{happy}



My first loaf of bread made with freshly milled wheat. Happy = Me!!



{pretty}













We visited our local botanical gardens a couple weeks ago for the annual butterfly exhibit. This is one of our favorite things to do, especially because they sell caterpillars in the gift shop which we bring home to observe. This year, all 4 successfully completed their metamorphases into chrysalis and then butterfly!! They have all been released outside, to everyone's delight. Last year, I placed them in a window and I think they got baked because the butterflies never emerged. Lesson learned....


Visit the ladies at Like Mother, Like Daughter for more fun!!









3 comments:

Mrs. Fordyce said...

The bread looks delicious! We have a butterfly farm fairly close to us, and I have always meant to take my children. Your picture re-inspires me to actually do it!

Lisa said...

Good goin' with the bread!! I like those ceramic chickens, too.

The prayer on the left is perfect - I'd never seen it before.

Julia said...

Fresh milled millet. It's always exciting making a new homemade something for the first time. Making your own flour out of Millet. Neat.