Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today's Purchases

After a day spent at our local homeschooling conference, I returned home with a couple new phonics books, math texts, and....

...a new grain mill!!!!

I have been intrigued by these since a friend of mine had one several years ago. Then I learned that another good friend had been using one. The bread she bakes is incredibly good, so the second she mentioned her mill, I was convinced of its benefits! I considered a while longer, discussed it with my husband and parents (who milled their own wheat long ago) and with a little peer pressure (haha - I don't really mean that, coleen, if you're reading!), I made the leap today!!

Tomorrow we'll give the mill and my new mixer (a Mother's Day gift from my sweet hubbie) a whirl and see if we can get a decent loaf of bread. I'm sure it will take us some practice, but it sounds like fun, don't you think?

No comments: