Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Transitioning

I overslept this morning, just a little. It was a delicious sleep that lasted until 8:00am and ended with my 6-yo asking, "Mom, why are you still in bed?"

I told the kids that last week could be their last of the 'school year' (we actually keep doing small amounts of academic stuff all summer, but they don't seem to realize that), but, miraculously, they seem to have forgotten.

Both yesterday and today, they asked, "after we do school, can we do _____________?" I just went with it...

And now, in my laziness (just because they're keeping up with the regular routine doesn't mean I have to!! still working on maturity here...), I'm goofing around at the computer in my pajamas at 9:41 and my eldest child is in the basement teaching the other kids!! I can hear them starting out with prayer (yay!!), and now working on math facts. I love my kids. Mind you, I had to muscle through 52 requests to watch W*ld Kr*atts before they moved on to this activity...

Anyway, we're off to our first horseback-riding lesson right after lunch. The stables to which we're going offer both therapeutic riding and riding lessons for able-bodies kids, so we're making the trek every Tuesday for the next 6 weeks.

Maybe if I just buy more popsicles they'll get the idea that summer in this house really has begun... If I keep wearing pajamas until noon that may clue them in as well.

No comments: