Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ice Storm

We're stuck inside this morning due to a nasty ice storm currently in progress... We'll try to venture out for mass later when Eustace is done working.

Our weekend update:

Eustace took Lucy to the Nutcracker Friday night. What a good daddy! It's funny how his willingness to participate in something 'girly' for the sake of his daughter makes him all the more manly in my eyes. They got dressed up, went out for an Italian dinner, saw the ballet, and had a great time.

We built a gingerbread train yesterday - I'll post a picture later. Thank Goodness for pre-made gingerbread kits!!

Got a little Christmas shopping done with my Mom while my Dad (bless his heart) was babysitting! Picked up finishing touches for our wedding attire... Only one week until my brother's wedding!!!

This morning, I'm just listening to the kids' conversation. Victor desperately wants to play with Lucy, but she has ner nose in a book. A few snippets:
V: (driving his toy across Lucy's book)
L: Victor, trucks are not allowed in the library.
V: I'm not a truck, I'm a car!

(Victor spends a few minutes humming a song to himself and driving his cars)

V: Lucy, I'm nice, you like me. I'm a nice boy.
L: (no response)

(a few more minutes of humming)

V: Luce, where are you from?
L: ...sigh... I'm from Ohio.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Ok- I love that exchange between Vic and Luc---she's from Ohio!! That's our girl! Hilarious! As well as the pic of Victor nursing- how did you catch that one!
Love
Shan