...I can talk my husband into seeing this? Looks fascinating. I'm definitely a homebirth wannabe. I'm blessed to have an NFP-only physician, though.
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
'To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven...' -Ecclesiastes 3:1
4 comments:
Wow. I'm so totally going to see that! I saw a preview of another movie (I think it was a different movie... the preview at least was different) but my husband barely made it through the preview. He doesn't respond well to hype at all (not that these movies are hype.... but I think they turn doctors off). What finally got me my homebirth was asking my husband to do the research and make a decision for us. He didn't go to my propaganda books but to medline, and after several hours on medline and emedicine he came downstairs and said something to the effect that if it was important to me than he really couldn't object because there is nothing out there that backs up the ideas we have that homebirth is dangerous. He still doesn't really understand why it is so important to me, but now he is willing to shell out the dollars for a homebirth versus driving me to the hospital for free care.... and that makes all the difference to me!!!!;)
Anyway.... that is just how we ended up having a homebirth with Ben. Not that I am trying to give you advanced argument tactics or anything, LOL!!!;) And I dont' think homebirth is the be all and end all of it all. I think it is all about what you are comfortable with. If you are uncomfortable with the idea or your husband is I think it translates to fear and stress during labor... which is no good at all. So anyway, I am not trying to push it on you at all. But since you said you were a homebirth wannabe I thought I would give you a little tip on "discussing" things with a doctor. It is all about using the right words, and of course reading and implementing the Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands has gotten me to the point that I basically have my husband wrapped around my little finger (ssshhhhhh.... don't tell him I said that).... so I get whatever I want, LOL! I've tried both, but I definitely have to vote for catching flies with honey versus vinegar.
Can't wait till the movie comes out on dvd, since I doubt it will show here - nothing does. I might put a link on my blog. I don't know. I think I alienate people too much on there, so maybe I won't. I really need to work on not being such a freak. Or maybe just not coming across as such a freak. That might be more easily accomplishable.
Anyway, enough ramblings. Thanks for the link!
Hey, you can go see it. Why can't I? It is not being shown anywhere in PA!
Hey, I have finally registered so that I can respond to your posts. We check them often to keep up with the Fernandi (as we affectionately call you in our home). Catherine misses her "friends Lucy and Victor" and wants to know when they will be coming to visit her in Pittsburgh.
Merry Christmas!
There's a Saturday showing at ACPL Jan 26th. Does Euctace have to see it with you? Dave wouldn't be interested. We should get together for dinner and you can casually ask Dave about our home birth to get his perspective...
Post a Comment