Baseball is over for this family, for this year, anyway. Lucy enjoyed it much more than I ever thought she would. She is not likely going to be a superstar player, but I'm proud of how hard she tried and how dedicated she was to attending every game and practice.
I am not going to miss sitting on the dusty, rocky ground in the blazing heat while pulling all manner of litter and debris out of the baby's hands and mouth. (she spent an entire afternoon with a partial superman sticker adhered to her upper pallate before I found it). I am not going to miss frantically searching for her white Wildcat t-shirt that is invariably wadded up in a stinky pile under a chair. I, will, however, miss the following:
-the look of glee on Lucy's face each time she gets a hit or scores a run
-observing all the kids on the team make real gains in skill under the guidance of kind coaches
-seeing many of my friends 3 times per week (hmmm, we just so happened to get our kids on the same team!!)
-Victor's delight in seeing his buddy (Lucy's teammates' little brother) at every game
-the thrill of victory (twice this season - LOL)
Lucy ALMOST got a perfect attendance award. I thought they had stopped counting, so we skipped her last game because friends were in town. When she realized she had missed out, she took it like a champ. I, however, felt TERRIBLE. As a result, we did a little garage sale shopping, and she made out big. New bike, books, games.
We'll try again next season. Is it really August already??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment