Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm having a party

Make that a pity party. For myself. Right now.

Take a moderately busy week, add a couple of unexpected disasters and a teething baby, and you have a recipe for mommy meltdown. Which happened just a few minutes ago. Fortunately, I didn't lose it (too badly) with the kids. I'm just sulking in the basement with another cup of coffee and trying to pretend the mountain of laundry that's been taunting me for the past 4 days has just miraculously disappeared.

When we missed 9AM mass, I thought, No problem, we'll just go at 11:00. So, at 10:30, we started getting ready to head out the door. Everybody was fairly cooperative with putting on shoes, going to the bathroom, changing diapers, etc. We did all that stuff, got the dog situated, got buckled in the car, and started to back out of the driveway. At that point I realized it was 5 til 11:00, and we would never make it.

We just sat in the van for a few minutes. I started crying. The kids started asking, "is it my fault, Mommy?"

Pathetic, I know. There are much worse problems in the world.

So we unloaded, I turned on the TV for the kids, put the baby down for a nap, and here I am.

Now I feel better. I think I can get over my disappointment and move on with the day.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: