No way!
There is some kind of kid radar so that whenever Mom gets up,
no matter how early,
her offspring sense her movement and instantly spring
out of bed and dive...
into her bed
where they doze a little more or goof around until Mom gets
somewhat coherent
and presentable and begins ordering everyone
dressed, teeth brushed, and down for breakfast.
That's how it happens in our house, anyway.
And it all starts a little earlier since we started schoolwork
again last week.
Although, I cannot imagine having to really make a deadline,
such as a schoolbus pickup.
When asked, I always say my main reason for homeschooling
is that I could never get everyone out the door
in time in the morning.
And I'm serious.
Our morning routine goes something like this:
Mom up and ready
Kids up and ready
Eat breakfast
Morning chores
Morning prayers
Start schoolwork
Take breaks as needed
Tend to preschooler/baby as needed
Turn ringer off phone after first interruption
Read lots of books
Squeeze in a little laundry here and there
Return calls and make lunch
et cetera, et cetera.
It's a pretty darn nice life.
I wouldn't trade it.
No comments:
Post a Comment