Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stamp of Approval, part I

We received good news on the adoption front yesterday! It seems the prime minister has given us the first round of approval!! All along we've been cautiously optimistic, knowing that the foreign government we're dealing with could easily reject our request to adopt. We still have more hoops through which we'll have to jump, but this is one big hurdle crossed!

Now, our file must be checked off by about 52 (not really) other government agencies, and then we'll get a second approval and a court date. It's possible that this could all be complete by Christmas!! It's also possible that it will not. So, we wait, we pray, and we contemplate our housing situation.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Great news, Anne. Still praying...

junglemama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so excited for you to be adopting a seven year old. WE adopted our then 7 year old daughter back in 2005-- and boy was that a fun age. AS far as the plane ride home, I too was concerned about it. If I were you I would just bring pull-ups for her.