Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Report

This is a live report from our dining room. It's Sunday afternoon, and everyone is in recovery mode after 48 hours with one of our favorite cousins. We kept him up too late, and he woke us up too early, so now we have a bunch of groggy people stumbling around the house. It's all good, though, because it's a lazy, hazy afternoon, and there's nothing pressing to do.

Daddy is off at a meeting, and we're gearing up for a walk. Maybe a little fresh air will perk everyone up.

Sadly, after 3 months of planning to travel to Michigan to attend an annual steam engine ride, car show, and ice cream social, we were derailed by a flat tire on the interstate. This being our second in less than six months, hubby and I decided to tackle it on our own (after calling to be sure we would have AAA reinforcement, of course). So, plan B turned out to be a World War II Museum, which, by all reports, was pretty cool. I stayed in the car with sleeping baby and looked at kitchen remodeling magazines. Yes, I'm always willing to take a hit for the team (haha).

Friday night, we made it through the first half of my brother-in-law's football game (he's a high school coach), which is no small accomplishment with child #3, who can only sit still for about 10 second intervals. I love marching band and cheerleading, I mean... uh... football. Just kidding - I do like (love is too strong) the sport, but there's nothing like sitting outdoors when the weather's nice and experiencing the excitement of a new season.

Got my lesson and meal plans done for the week, and we should be off and running tomorrow morning.

Signing off,
Anne

No comments: