Today's feast of the Archangels brought about some interesting discussion in our household. There were recounts of the battle between the good and bad angels, lamentations over satan's being portrayed as a dragon ('but I like lizards!'), and musings about what Heaven must be like. Here's a sampling:
"Did you know, in Heaven you can eat as much sugar as you want and not get cavities and not get sick!"
"If you talk about the Devil in Heaven, do you have to become a fallen angel?"
"Since God is invisible, how will I know who He is in Heaven?"
I love these kind of conversations. It's so refreshing to pause and think about things eternal. I'm always amazed at what these little people can grasp about our Heavenly Father. Truly, we are created to seek Him. What an awe-inspiring task it is to mother and guide these precious gifts, these children of mine.
_____________________________________
On a lighter, but no less heavenly, note, I think I may finally have a child who tends toward neatness. Must be a recessive gene, because it's a trait neither her father nor I exhibit. Anyway, I can't believe I have a not-quite-2 year old who puts away her toothbrush, picks up toys, and clears her plate without prompting. I sort of feel like I might be in Heaven already!
Today, she got a look behind the couch in our 4 seasons room. She would not rest until I came in to look at what she had found. Then, she insisted that I pull out the couch, retrieve all the debris, and sweep it out.
This could be extremely good for our family or extremely annoying. Stay tuned.
Right now, I'm finding this absolutely delightful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I fully support the candy theory!
Ha! So cute!!! Ava is like that, super neat and I love it:)
I am so proud of these Goddaughters of mine!! Great job Lucy! And I pray Felicity's tendency toward order can rub off on me someday too!
Post a Comment