I just received another precious message from our new son, from halfway around the world. I am thanking God right now that we are going through this process with technology that allows quick tranfer of information.
He lost his first tooth. Immediately, he told the sisters at his orphanage that he wanted to inform his parents. So, we received pictures of his sweet smile with one tooth missing and another dangling.
This is bittersweet. It is great fun to communicate with this child who is soon (we hope!) to be officially ours. At the same time, it is heart-wrenching to see him grow and develop in pictures instead of right here in person. I wish I could kiss his sweet cheeks and give him a big hug and take him out for ice cream like we did when Lucy lost her first tooth.
Once again, I'm reminded to trust in the God who loves all of us and knows what's best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment