Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just a Silly Story

Tonight my husband is away at a social engagement with people from work. He rarely ever has a night out, and generally, if he does, he takes me along. So, I hope he's having a nice time hanging out with and saying good bye to a co-worker.

Anyway, I just couldn't take the thought of the kids watching one more minute of TV this evening. Last night, I was up for hours with a toddler having bad dreams (a little too much sugar at our homeschooling group's semi-annual 'book-it night', I think). So, my creative juices were running thin.

Often, my fall-back option in these situations is playing the piano and having a sing-along with the kids. Usually, this is lots of fun, and everybody joins in with drums, voice, shakers or whatever. Tonight, I thought we were all, once again, having a great time gathered around the piano.

Then, I glanced behind me to see what Victor was up to. He was lying on the floor, staring at me. 'Glaring' at me might be more accurate.

"What's the matter, buddy?" I asked.

"Mom," he demanded, "why are we wasting our time playing the piano when we're supposed to be having dessert!?!"

No comments: