Today I started a preschool curriculum (which I follow very loosely) with Victor. It's the same one I used when Lucy was 3, and it is the sweetest little program, called "Little Saints." Victor, however, doesn't want to be a 'little' saint, so we have to call it 'big saints.'
His life really isn't changing much - we'll just be reading books the author suggests, doing some extra songs and finger plays, and an art project here and there. What I really like about this curriculum is the learning games. We do things like 'fishing' for the alphabet, writing letters in fingerpaint, etc. This is really just for fun, and if he learns a little something, great.
The really funny thing about all this is the difference between Lucy and Victor. Lucy was thrilled to start 'school' at age almost-3, but Victor said, "i don't want to do school." (no problem, we just sang songs, etc., and he thought it was great.) Lucy's choice for 'Happy and You Know It" actions involved hand motions, dancing, saying names of family members. Victor's idea was "if you're happy and you know it run around the house."
All in all I think it was a successful beginning, and the most important thing he learned (and I hope he already knew) was that God loves him and everybody else in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear Anne: And they say there is no difference between the sexes! Rooting for the big "M", Old man walking into the sunset Grandpa.
Anne.... I have been dying to hear your thoughts on this whole AP/child spacing/integral procreation/thing. You wouldn't perhaps be working on a post or two, would you?
eustace and i have been discussing all this... i think the idea that 2.5 plus years of spacing is important for a child's well-being is crazy. I will write a post, though... just for you!! :)
Awwww... thanks, Anne! Though, if you do.... prepare to be totally flamed. I have decided to be a ninny and STOP writing about it because people are so sensitive to the topic (and with good reason, I suppose). It is a very delicate subject...
Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Post a Comment