Before I was Catholic, I had no idea that January 1 was also the solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God. What a beautiful way to begin a new year. This year, I'm praying for Mary's intercession to help me with my resolutions.
-I will be more patient and less prone to anger with my family. I know that my disposition sets the tone around here - that becomes more obvious to me all the time. My mom tried to teach me a little trick called "take deep breaths and count to 10." I ignored that my whole life until now. Better late than never. I cannot improve in this area without divine intervention, so please pray for me!!
-I will be disciplined in my consumption of sugar. My sweet tooth is out of control. So, for my health, my waistline, my example to my family, I'm determined to improve my eating habits.
-I will improve my prayer life. I haven't specifically figured out how that will play out in practical terms, and I'm praying that our Blessed Mother will show me what her Son would like me to do better each day (there are plenty of options, I assure you).
Have a blessed 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How inspiring your resolutions are Anne! Count on my prayers as I do yours! Happy New Year!
Shan
Anne- The new blog page looks great! I missed checking it daily but had a blast getting caught up!
Hope everyone is staying warm! Love, Sara
Post a Comment