'To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven...' -Ecclesiastes 3:1
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Um, this is telling...
Today I managed to fix my hair, put on makeup, put on jeans and a very functional, no-frills turtleneck. Lucy's first comment to me this morning: "Mom, why are you dressed up so fancy?"
I'm a proud mom to 4 great kids (3 bio, 1 adopted from a former Soviet country). I love to write about our adventures in homeschooling, domestic life and living the Catholic faith.
Oh my God, I beg of you to grant me peace with my neighbor, for I cannot enjoy your favor if I do not live in union with my brothers and sisters. I can preserve this union by mildness and patience. Give me, then, I beseech you, these two virtues, and grant that I may always speak and act kindly to all; that I may suffer patiently for love of You whatever wrongs, injuries or insults may be done to me; that not only may I not be angered or displeased with anything, but that I may patiently suffer all that happens to me from others.
2 comments:
That's hilarious. Sometimes, when I insist that my current little nudist (Lucy) wear clothes... the other kids ask "Why? Who's coming over?" So sad.
What a girl thing!! I love it! My boys would never notice anything like that!
Post a Comment